Jammu and Kashmir Government had launched a new and innovative Market Linkage Scheme recently, known as PARVAZ. The scheme is for the development of agriculture and the benefit of farmers in Jammu and Kashmir.
What is the aim of PARVAZ?
The market linkage scheme, PARVAZ, aims to support the farmers of Jammu and Kashmir to transport agricultural shipments and horticultural perishables to domestic and international markets.
The main purpose behind this scheme is to increase and widen the reach of the local produce and harvest of Jammu and Kashmir. Besides, it will help develop the livelihood of the farmers in Jammu and Kashmir who are struggling to earn every penny.
The PARVAZ scheme will also open new employment opportunities in the agricultural sector in Jammu and Kashmir, which will eventually boost the income of the locals and farmers; it will also improve the economy of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
What are the features of the PARVAZ scheme?
The PARVAZ, a market linkage scheme, is being called a boon to the development of the agricultural sector in Jammu and Kashmir. It has the following features:
• The Jammu and Kashmir Government will provide a subsidy of 25% on freight charges to the farmers to carry perishable fruits via Air Cargo.
• The above-promised subsidy will be directly transferred into the farmer’s bank accounts through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
• The subsidy will be given on the air cargo rates on horticulture or agriculture perishables like cherry, strawberry, peach, plum, pear, litchi, exotic, and organic vegetables only.
• An expert committee will identify the organic or exotic vegetables in the state that will further be eligible for subsidy.
How will the PARVAZ scheme be implemented in Jammu and Kashmir?
The Market Linkage Scheme, PARVAZ, will be implemented by an implementing agency, Jammu & Kashmir Horticultural Produce Marketing and Processing Corporation (JKHPMC).
The implementing agency will also work towards creating awareness among the farmers of Jammu and Kashmir regularly. The agency has to explain and make the farmers understand the importance and significance of enrolling with the PARVAZ scheme.
How is the PARVAZ scheme beneficial in Jammu and Kashmir?
The recent development, PARVAZ, a market linkage scheme launched by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir, has many benefits, some of which are:
• It will help to reduce the waste of perishable produce.
• It will help to increase the market of the perishable produce of Jammu and Kashmir both domestically and internationally.
• It will help hard-working farmers earn a good income through subsidies.
• It will also reduce the risk of corruption as the subsidies will be directly transferred to the farmer’s bank account without any intermediary.
• It will develop the social and economic welfare of the farmers in Jammu and Kashmir.
• It will also help boost the economy of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
• It will create many employment opportunities for the locals in Jammu and Kashmir.
Ultimately, it will bring some life to the state of Jammu and Kashmir, as it always is in the news for brutality and sorrow.